News on the website...you might notice that it looks different. I have completely recreated the Red Jack Rugs website and have a subscribe button to the right in the sidebar. If you want to receive my new posts via email, sign up and they will be sent to you automatically.
I have 25 more hours to log in on Satu, the tiger at the Houston Zoo. This means I have a total of 69 hours into the project at this time.
I have really only been able to work on this piece on the weekends, and then only a few hours here and there. I hope once summer hits, I will be able to sit down and get him completed.
One of the troubles is that I have run out of my dark wools, so I need to spend a couple of days dyeing. I have found this to be the case with most of my projects. I run out of my darkest darks before any other value. I assume that this means that we need a majority of dark to pop out the occasional light and anchor the medium values.
There is nothing to report in terms of new things I have learned yet. I did find that I was using too dull of colors in the oranges on the top of the head, so I had to go back in with some brighter orange wools here and there. That seems to have fixed the problem.